Countdown to the Christmas Extravaganza
The Discover Dunblane Christmas Extravaganza – the countdown is on!
With an impressive variety of independent shops and businesses across a bustling town centre, this festive season think local, think Dunblane. Located just a short 10 minute journey from the centre of Stirling by train or car, the historic cathedral city of Dunblane is your first choice destination for a unique and memorable shopping and leisure experience. With an impressive selection of award winning independent businesses offering great value, the very best service and an unrivalled selection of products and services you will find everything you need in the home of champions. Accommodation providers, restaurants, cafes, bars, sporting facilities, shops and a golf course are all available in Dunblane, making it an excellent place to take a short break.
The town also boasts many celebrated attractions including the popular Gold Postbox and stunning Dunblane Cathedral. Re-painted following Andy Murray’s first Wimbledon victory in 2012, the Gold Postbox has become the number one selfie spot in town (be sure to post yours on the Discover Dunblane Facebook and Twitter pages). From the postbox, you can see the majestic Dunblane Cathedral. From hairdressers to accountants, pet styling to toys, Dunblane has so much to offer residents and visitors alike this festive season. For a full list of Discover Dunblane member businesses, visit our homepage.
Christmas Extravaganza 2017 – Thursday 30 November, 17:00 – 21:00
With every year that passes, the Discover Dunblane Christmas Extravaganza grows bigger and better and that is all down to the fantastic businesses and community of Dunblane coming together to showcase what the town has to offer.
This year we invite you, your family and your friends to come along and enjoy the festivities. Here is a look at what we have planned: –
17:00 – 17:30
- Santa’s procession from the Gold Postbox to Stirling Road
- Opening ceremony on Stirling Road bridge with our VIP guest (to be announced soon!)
- Performance of Les Mis by the talented cast from the Dunblane Centre
- Santa’s grotto opens at Station Plaza (outside the train station)
17:30 – 20:30
- Late night shopping across the centre of town
- Visit the reindeer at the Gold Postbox
- Street performers including stilt walkers, tumbling elves and fire breathers!
- Face painting and balloon modelling
- Pop-up community village showcasing the voluntary groups in Dunblane
- Local choirs and musical performers
- Cathedral bells and handbell ringers
- Boys Brigade brass band
- The fantastic Discover Dunblane Christmas Extravaganza fireworks display!
- Event ends